Is one of the main synagogues of Russia. It is located in the center of Moscow not far from Kitay-Gorod metro station. Just a few steps from the former Jewish settlement in Zaradye. In 1905 the Tsarists government let minority faith groups build their places of worship. And in 1906 the building of the synagogue was completed. Roman Klein was the architect of the project. It operated throughout the Soviet period. The last time it was restored in 1990. Now it is open for visitors.